The leading Software Giants are advancing into independent AI technologies. Their security measures are now being questioned, after the incident of User Privacy breach by Facebook. The world seems insecure due to such developments. Every country is on its own in securing their secrets. The following article gives us the total view and our country’s measures in tackling the privacy issue.
Abrupt from Microsoft’s Future Decoded session :
Microsoft’s Azure AI is the democratization of the AI technology. It sure comes with a price. This AI is said to help them in protecting user accounts by using their Country Specific Account Guards. Earlier only the US had this privilege, but now UK has joined in too. The noteworthy point is that, these guards are provided with a direct line to Microsoft’s Defending Democratic System.
In this year’s Future Decoded session of Microsoft, held in London, its CEO Satya Nadella has rightly addressed the thorny issue of Protection, Security and Trust. Applauding the newly introduced European Union’s measure on effective data rights management strategy, he further boldly declared the ever feared topic of privacy.
” Privacy is a Human Right”- Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft.
As the above statement goes unquarelled, he has also gave us insights over a new angle to this problem. That is, the advancement of AI technology and misuse of it for data theft. In addition to this statement it is evident to note that, the misuse of data by Primarily Trustworthy Giants itself is much more shocking.
India’s Cyber Strategy :
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Electronic’s- National Cyber Security Policy of 2013. The main aim of the policy is to Protect and Secure the cyberspace for citizens, businesses and the Government. Information and Infrastructure protection, Prevention and Response to cyber attacks, walls against damage and to get out it with coordinated efforts is the key aspect. Institutional structure, people, processes and technology together have to come forward to fight back the attacks and defend the data.
- Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre- A new desktop which combats cyber security violations and restricts their increase. It detects the Botnet infections and prevents future infestations. Notifying,cleaning and finally securing the user platform is what it does. It also analyses the malware, provides means to remove them and most importantly creates awareness. The Internet Service Providers, Antivirus Companies, industries and academia together collaborate in securing systems.
Other tools by the Government of India (GOI) :
- ‘USB Pratirodh’ is created to fight against unauthorised usage of removable USB storage devices.
- A desktop based application called ” Samvid”is created. It prevents any unnecessary and suspicious background applications to run. It is available for Windows Operating System.
- “M-Kavach”- The short for Mobile Kavach, protects against data theft, mis-usage of application permissions,regulates spams etc.
- “Browser JS Guard”- The browser extentions are examined when the user visits a malicious site or page. It gives them the details of the intensity and the type of Heuristic attack they might face.
These policies, measures and awareness are only a part of the Cyber Program. It has many other linked topics like cyber crimes, dark web etc.