Pramod Sawant became Goa’s 13th and current chief minister after the sudden demise of former defense minister Manohar Parrikar . He is elected as a Member of Legsilative council (M.L.A) from the Sanquelim constituency in the Goa Legislative Assembly , He Belongs to the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) party . Before becoming the Chief Minister , he is the speaker of the Goa assembly.
Here are 12 Facts about Goa’s Chief Minister Pramod Sawant :
- Pramod Sawant is an Indian politician and currently the 13th CM of Goa.
- Pramod Sawant was born on 24 April 1973 to Pandurang and Padmini Sawant. His education qualification includes Bachelor Degree of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery from the Ganga Education Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College in Kolhapur and a postgraduate degree of Master of Social Work from the Tilak Maharashtra University at Pune.
- Pramod Sawant’s wife Sulakshana is a teacher of chemistry at the Shri Shantadurga Higher Secondary School in Bicholim. She is also a leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party and currently the President of the Goa unit of the BJP Mahila Morcha.
- Pramod Sawant is a former chairman of the Goa State Infrastructure Development Corporation, a special purpose vehicle which was set up by the former chief Minister Manohar Parrikar to take up various infrastructure works in the Goa State
- Pramod Sawant’s hobbies include reading books , doing social work for the poor and needy people
- Pramod Sawant is very close to the former chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and a very loyal BJP worker.
- On Many ocassions Pramod Sawant said that Manohar Parrikar that he is a statesman, guide, architect of modern Goa and a fatherly figure who has left for the heavenly abode.
- Pramod Sawant is one of the few leaders who came Chief Minister of a state directly even before becoming a cabinet minister in his state.
- Sawant’s political career began in the BJP as a youth leader.
- He won the 2012 and 2017 Assembly elections from North Goa’s Sankhalim constituency, which once used to be a Congress stronghold.
- Very Few MLA’S got re-elected in the state Assembly elections in the year 2017 , Pramod Sawant is one of the few Sitting MLA’s from GOA to win back to back in 2012 & 2017.
- Manohar Parrikar relied on him mostly on the last few days for tracking and functioning of the present government works , Hence he became the ultimate choice for the Chief Minister.
Thank you for Visiting . Bookmark our site for more updates