Reliance Jio has launched its new monsoon offer for its old and new customers. After jio sim has been launched the rates of other telecom partners who are offering internet either 3G or 4G have come down dramatically due to the competition posed by JIO .Recently Reliance Jio’s national average of 4G download speed was more than double compared to its closest rival Bharti Airtel, which recorded download speed of 9.7 MBPS, on similar parameters, according to the data published by the TRAI on MySpeed Portal.
Lets look at the newly launched offers they are as follows.
MONSOON HUNGAMA EXCHANGE OFFER DETAILS :
1. Under the Monsoon Hungama exchange offer Jiophone will now be available at effectively Rs 501.
2. Additionally, Rs 501 is also a 100% refundable security deposit at the end of 3 years, thereby making the JioPhone effectively FREE.
3. This Rs 501 offer can be availed instantly at the retail point, on exchanging any old 2G/3G/4G (non-VOLTE) phone.
4. Customers should ensure that the old phone that is being exchanged must be in working condition and with charger.
5. The old phone must be handed over to the retailer at the time of the new JioPhone purchase
1. Customers will get a new Jio SIM with the JioPhone
2. For those customers who want to retain their existing number can also do so by opting for Mobile Number Portability (MNP). Once the MNP to it is complete customer can proceed for Monsoon Hungama exchange offer.
SPECIAL RECHARGE PLAN
1. Keeping true to its commitment of always providing most value to its users, jio is introducing a SPECIAL RECHARGE PLAN under Monsoon Hungama.
2. Under this, users will get UNLIMITED VOICE & DATA for 6 MONTHS on paying only Rs 594 at the time of activation.
3. Additionally JioPhone users under the Monsoon Hungama exchange offer will also get a special exchange bonus of 6GB data voucher, worth Rs 101.
4. This takes the total data to 90 GB over 6 months.
5. Monsoon Hungama is a combined offering of a JioPhone at effectively Rs 501 and a 6 months unlimited voice and data recharge of Rs 594.
6. Company spokesperson said, ‘There are currently 2 JioPhone plans available: Rs 49 and Rs 153. The Rs 49 plan is a kind of trial plan with 1 GB monthly data, whereas our highest selling plan Rs 153 provides 1.5 GB data/day. We realized that there are some users who may want lesser data and therefore must get the plan at a lower price. Hence we are introducing Rs 99 with unlimited free voice, 0.5GB data/day and 300 SMS for 28 days. This will reduce the monthly spends straight away by nearly 50%.”
IS YOUR OLD PHONE ELIGIBLE FOR EXCHANGE ??
Your old phone must meet the following conditions to be eligible for exchange:
1. Mobile phone in working condition currently (Handset must be in working condition without any damage/missing parts or broken/burnt parts)
2. Mobiles that were sold in the last 3.5 years (1st Jan’ 2015 onwards) are eligible for exchange.
3. Any 2G, 3G, 4G (non-VOLTE) devices will be accepted for exchange.
4. JioPhone or any CDMA or operator locked devices WILL NOT be accepted for exchange.
5. Apart from Battery & Charger, no other accessories (like headphone etc.) are required for exchange.
WHAT YOU SHOULD CARRY WHILE GOING TO EXCHANGE THE OLD FEATURE PHONE
1. Old mobile phone in working condition
2. Battery and Charger of old phone
3. Aadhaar number
4. In case of MNP, please carry the new MNP JI0 number
ENHANCED APP ECOSYSTEM
1. Starting 15th August, JioPhone will be equipped with the world’s most popular apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube and Google Maps, the JioPhone is redefining the way India accesses education, entertainment, information and other important services.
2. JioPhone users are already enjoying free voice calls and a host of applications with premium content on the go such as JioTV, JioCinema, JioMusic, JioChat.
3. The users are also making the most of the innovative Voice Command feature to make calls, send messages, search the internet, play music, watch videos and operate the entire suite of applications available on the JioPhone.
Yes, Apart from Rs.501, Jio Phone exchange offer requires customers to compulsorily pay Rs.594 for data and voice calls for 6 months.
This brings the effective price of JioPhone 1 from Rs. 501 to Rs. 1,095.